Do you have a crowed smile or a crooked tooth? Is your jaw not properly aligned? Such issues not just affect your smile, they also cause oral disease. During such oral problems Orthodontic services are provided to correct teeth and jaw alignment problems. The procedures involve treatments ranging from Invisalign, traditional braces to removable appliances.
When we hear the word "Orthodontics", we tend to automatically equate it with braces. At a certain degree, this is correct since orthodontics is the process of correcting oral problems such as malocclusion (incorrect bite) with the help of orthodontic appliances such as braces. A few decades ago, this procedure was common only for teens and preteens. However, due to an increased understanding of the benefits associated with
properly aligned teeth, orthodontic treatment is commonly performed on adults as well.
Malocclusion often interferes with speaking and eating capabilities and thus it has to be corrected. Among the several benefits of orthodontics include the following.
- The procedure maximizes the effectiveness of your teeth in performing their functions.
- Enhances your smile.
- Boosts your self-confidence! knowing that there is not a problem with the way your teeth are aligned will significantly add your confidence level.
- New orthodontic procedures are done to re-position your teeth as well as their underlying roots.
- Provides an improved support for other treatments done such as restorative dentistry.
- Improves your facial appearance as it creates a natural support for your lips and face versus using unnatural fillers etc. Proper facial profile and proper jaw placement is also achieved through orthodontics.
- Enhances your oral hygiene. Straight teeth are clean teeth. Through natural functions, such as eating and speaking your teeth are cleansed as your tongue and lips brush against them.
- A well aligned tooth is easier to clean and maintain.
The First visit typically involves an evaluation of your bite. There are several procedures which may be done in order to create a treatment plan. It may include facial, oral and functional examination, facial and intra oral photos, x-rays (both cephalometric and panoramic), and taking impressions for models of bite and teeth. The dentist will then review your records and performs a complete assessment.
During the second visit, your dentist will descuss with you the estimated period of time to complete the treatment. The standard is two years. Then depending on the condition, you may need to continue wearing retainers moving forward.
The total duration of the entire treatment depends on several factors, such a age as well as the severity of correction needed.
The Invisalign treatment consist of a series of clear, Snap-On custom fit, removable mouth trays that apply a controlled amount of force to your teeth, forcing them to shift. The system provides the same beautiful results as traditional braces, but since the trays are made of clear plastic, they are virtually invisible. In addition, because Invisalign trays are removable, they can be taken out while eating, drinking, brushing and flossing.
The Invisalign system works begins by first creating a series of trays that will each be moving your teeth gradually until the end of each two-week period, you will switch trays. Throughout the process, you will visit your dentist every 4-8 weeks to ensure treatment is progressing as planned. Once your treatment is complete, you will likely wear a clear retainer to ensure your new smile stays in place. Dr. Rima Peters is 2014 INVISALIGN premier provider.
Dr. Rima Peters is trained to perform general procedures in Orthodontics. Our clinic can be considered as a one stop shop for all your dental needs. Visit us now!
Dr. Rima Peters is certified and trained to do conventional orthodontics treatment on adults and children using Tip Edge brackets and wires (Differential Straight Arch technique) which uses light forces to move teeth, when properly implemented, moves teeth faster, farther, with significantly less discomfort than any other technique available, some of the benefit of this technique are;
- Less time required than straight wire braces.
- Fewer appointments required (6 weeks apart).
- Less costly than traditional braces.
- Less discomfort than traditional braces.
- Lighter forces used (2oz. of force used vs 8 oz.)
- Teeth move Faster because the brackets allows the crowns and the roots of the teeth to move independently of one another .
- Headgear not required.
- Routinely can treat surgical cases non surgically.
- More effective at correcting deep bites and open bites.
- Decreases the possibility of grinding, TMJ issues
At Warner Village we offer the payment plans that fit into any budget. You may choose the plan that is appropriate according to your budget. If you’re prepared for an orthodontic treatment, you may schedule a free consultation by requesting an appointment.