Dr. Mamak Saffarpour
In 1988, Dr. Mamak Saffarpour was one of just a handful of students accepted to Iran’s top dental school, Shahid Beheshti Dental School at the National University of Tehran. After completing her education there in 1994, she established a dental clinic in the medical facility of the Kidney Foundation of Iran. There, she tended to the dental needs of medically compromised patients while also working as an associate in a successful private practice. In 1996, Dr. Saffarpour relocated to the United States. After giving birth to her first son, she enrolled at UCLA continuing dental education programs to prepare for the National and California State Dental Boards, both of which she soon successfully completed. Since opening her own office in 2002, Dr. Saffarpour has continued her studies to expand and enrich her practice and knowledge of dentistry, and particularly its relationship to whole body health. Areas in which she has received advanced training or certification include:
- Biomimetic dentistry.
- Dental ozone therapy (Master Class level).
- Soft tissue & periodontal laser dentistry.
- Treating TMD (temporomandibular/TMJ disorders) & orofacial pain.
- Implant dentistry.
- Vivos (DNA) appliances for airway remodeling.
- Pneumopedics (non-surgical upper airway remodeling for pediatric obstructive sleep apnea).
- Treatment of sleep disordered breathing & craniofacial pain in adults & children.
- Motor nerve reflex testing.
- Craniofacial & pediatric epigenetics.
- She has also studied advanced cosmetic techniques at the California Center for Advanced Dental Studies and held a mini residency in dental sleep medicine at UC San Francisco.
- Dr. Saffarpour is an accredited member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT) and SMART certified in the safe removal of mercury amalgam “silver” fillings.
- She is also a proud member of the International Association of Mercury-Safe Dentists, Holistic Dental Association, Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine as well as American Dental Association, California Dental Association and Santa Clara County Dental Society.
- Dr. Saffarpour enjoys spending time with her family, reading and being part of a book club, drawing and calligraphy, walking her dog, hiking and being in nature. She is active in charity organizations such as Doctors Without Borders, Smile Train, Institute of Noetic Sciences, Children Incorporated, and Pachamama Alliance and NRDC.
Dr. Parastoo Parsa
Dr. Parsa is a general dentist with 20 plus years experience and a passion for patient care and cosmetic dentistry. After owning her own practice in Folsom for years and practicing as an associate in Berkeley, she is now joining our team to combine forces and help take care of our wonderful patients alongside us. She is a member of the American Dental Association and California Dental Association. She recently moved to the area with her teenage son. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, working out and spending time with family and friends.
Dr. Parham Tabar
Originally from the Bay Area, Dr. Tabar combines his empathetic and understanding personality with his gentle touch in general dentistry, to create an exceptional patient experience. After earning his degree in Molecular and Cell biology, Dr. Tabar headed to the East Coast to earn his Masters degree in Oral Health Sciences at Boston University School of Medicine. Continuing his education, Dr. Tabar graduated from Boston University School of Dental Medicine with honors. He finished his training by heading back to the west coast for a General Practice Residency at University of Washington. During his residency he took care of trauma cases in the ER at UW Medical Center, all the while serving patients in the UW Advanced General Dentistry Clinic. Dr. Tabar has since moved back to the Bay Area with his Wife and dog, and has been practicing in the South Bay region. Dr. Tabar takes his time to explain the how and why during treatment planning, ensuring patients gain a full understanding of their dental needs. Dr. Tabar is a proud member of the California Dental Association, Santa Clara County Dental Society and the American Dental Association.