Dr. Mamak Saffarpour
In 1988, Dr. Mamak Saffarpour was one of just a handful of students accepted to Iran’s top dental school, Shahid Beheshti Dental School at the National University of Tehran. After completing her education there in 1994, she established a dental clinic in the medical facility of the Kidney Foundation of Iran. There, she tended to the dental needs of medically compromised patients while also working as an associate in a successful private practice. In 1996, Dr. Saffarpour relocated to the United States. After giving birth to her first son, she enrolled at UCLA continuing dental education programs to prepare for the National and California State Dental Boards, both of which she soon successfully completed. Since opening her own office in 2002, Dr. Saffarpour has continued her studies to expand and enrich her practice and knowledge of dentistry, and particularly its relationship to whole body health. Areas in which she has received advanced training or certification include:
- Biomimetic dentistry.
- Dental ozone therapy (Master Class level).
- Soft tissue & periodontal laser dentistry.
- Treating TMD (temporomandibular/TMJ disorders) & orofacial pain.
- Implant dentistry.
- Vivos (DNA) appliances for airway remodeling.
- Pneumopedics (non-surgical upper airway remodeling for pediatric obstructive sleep apnea).
- Treatment of sleep disordered breathing & craniofacial pain in adults & children.
- Motor nerve reflex testing.
- Craniofacial & pediatric epigenetics.
- She has also studied advanced cosmetic techniques at the California Center for Advanced Dental Studies and held a mini residency in dental sleep medicine at UC San Francisco.
- Dr. Saffarpour is an accredited member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT) and SMART certified in the safe removal of mercury amalgam “silver” fillings.
- She is also a proud member of the International Association of Mercury-Safe Dentists, Holistic Dental Association, Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine as well as American Dental Association, California Dental Association and Santa Clara County Dental Society.
- Dr. Saffarpour enjoys spending time with her family, reading and being part of a book club, drawing and calligraphy, walking her dog, hiking and being in nature. She is active in charity organizations such as Doctors Without Borders, Smile Train, Institute of Noetic Sciences, Children Incorporated, and Pachamama Alliance and NRDC.
Dr. Sayali Bhavsar
Dr. Sayali Bhavsar is a resident of the Bay Area for more than eight years. She received her DDS degree from University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, San Francisco and has been serving as Associate Dentist. Before moving to the USA, Dr. Sayali practiced as a general and cosmetic dentist in India for 5 years. Because of her versatile dental experience, she feels comfortable treating patients of all ages. She strongly believes in providing comprehensive dental care with high standards including, proper diagnosis, considering oral manifestations of systemic diseases, conservative approach while treatment planning, and most importantly striving for lifelong maintenance of oral health with continuous patient education. Her priority is to make all patients feel comfortable while providing dental treatments in a respectful and compassionate environment.
Dr. Sayali understands that dentistry is a dynamic profession and aspires to keep upto date with current technologies and advances in the field. Dr. Sayali is an Invisalign certified provider. She has completed a program in Implant dentistry from Stony Brook School of Dentistry. She has completed one year certificate course in Cosmetic Dentistry with distinctions and plans to pursue accreditation in the same field of dentistry.
Dr. Sayali is an active member of American Dental Association (ADA), American Association of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), California Dental Association (CDA), and Santa Clara County Dental Society (SCCDC).
While in dental school, she was felicitated as Outstanding Senior Award by CDA.
In her leisure time, Dr. Sayali enjoys spending time with her family and friends.